Methi Makai Na Thepla (Gujarati Dish)
· Methi Makai na thepla is a popular Gujarati dish. It is made from maize flour and green fenugreek leaves along with ginger, garlic, green chili paste.Little sugar or jaggery is also added to give it that authentic Gujarati taste. Topped with sesame seeds, it looks great and tastes great as well.
· Ingredients :
2 cup Maize Flour
· 1 cup fenugreek leaves washed and chopped
· 1 tea spoon ginger,green chilly and garlic paste
· 1 tea spoon jaggery
· salt to taste
· 2 tea spoon sesame seeds
· oil for deep fry
· 1 tea spoon red chilly
· 1 tea spoon turmeric powder
· Recipe : Mix all the ingredients except sesame seeds and knead a fine dough.
· Make small balls and flatten them in a shape of puri with hands. Apply sesame seeds on both the sides and deep fry on a medium flame.
· Tasty thepla are ready.
· Serve hot with chutney or sauce.